Supporting States’ Medicaid and Medicare Reform Efforts
NORC delivered technical assistance and learning system support to the State Innovation Models (SIM) initiative, a partnership between CMS and states to accelerate multipayer health system transformation.
The NORC team worked with 34 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia on a range of topics that include:
- Delivery system transformation, including the integration of primary care with behavioral, long-term, social, and public health services and supports
- Payment reform, including multipayer engagement and alignment
- Provider, community, and consumer engagement
- Practice transformation support
- Data analysis and quality measurement
NORC supported CMS and states through ongoing needs assessments and curated resources to address awardees’ operational and technical needs, such as environmental scans and research reviews, best practices, peer-to-peer connections, toolkits, and synthesized resources. NORC delivered technical assistance through multiple modes, including one-on-one consultation, toolkits, and action-oriented collaboratives to support learning and resource-sharing across awardees.
The NORC team included subject-matter experts from several organizations, including the Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS), the State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC) at the University of Minnesota, Manatt Health Solutions, Mercer, and the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices.