The NORC Internship Program is a nine-week, paid position for students interested in the social sciences, survey research, data analysis, and research methodology.
NORC is committed to supporting the next generation of social science researchers and investing in the development of their expertise.
From undergrad to PhD candidates, the internship program fully immerses participants in NORC’s culture, providing opportunities to build collegiality among researchers entering the industry, collaborate on new ideas, and showcase excellence.
What to Expect: NORC summer interns can expect to gain real survey research experience, including survey design and operations, data collection techniques, analytic approaches, and public outreach.
- Collaborate with the other students in your cohort to complete an ongoing NORC research study
- Combine social science and statistical methods with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation
- Attend seminars on the principles of research and industry best practices led by expert practitioners at NORC
- Apply and develop a diverse range of technical skills
- Present the completed research study to the organization
What We Look for in Intern Candidates: NORC seeks interns who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in social science research, conscientiousness, and a commitment to rigor.
We aim to foster diversity, creativity, and flexibility across our teams while strengthening problem-solving abilities and collaboration.
NORC’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity: NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. We regret that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Applications for the internship program open every year in November and close in January.