AHRQ’s National Nursing Home COVID-19 Coordinating Center
COVID-19’s exacted a significant toll on millions of nursing home residents and staff.
The pandemic has had an outsized impact on nursing homes. By autumn 2020, almost a quarter of all COVID-19 deaths were nursing home residents and staff. To help address this devastating impact, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) launched the National Nursing Home COVID-19 Coordinating Center to facilitate AHRQ’s national nursing home safety initiatives.
NORC implemented and oversaw a center that coordinated nursing home safety initiatives.
AHRQ selected NORC to implement and oversee the Coordinating Center. Our assignment included:
- Engaging scientific and policy stakeholders with AHRQ and other federal partners on nursing home safety needs and best practices
- Developing new safety and quality-improvement tools and resources to address gaps
- Creating communications materials to promote AHRQ nursing home safety and quality improvement resources
- Providing technical assistance to AHRQ on inquiries related to AHRQ nursing home safety initiatives
- Compiling a repository of all AHRQ nursing home COVID-19 safety initiatives for internal and external audiences
Tools, resources, and other materials developed as part of the Coordinating Center are available on AHRQ’s website.