NORC at the University of Chicago is invested in developing the expertise of individuals in social science research while fostering NORC’s commitment to excellence, innovation, and collegiality among researchers entering the profession. The NORC Summer Internship is a nine-week, paid position for individuals with an interest in the social sciences, survey research, data analysis, and research methods. Our 2021 program will be fully virtual from June 14 – August 13. Remote candidates who can commit to NORC’s 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT business hours will be considered.
Interns are typically work on an ongoing NORC research study, attend a seminar series on emerging topics in survey research, and network with NORC colleagues across departments. This summer, interns can expect to:
- Learn the principles of survey research and industry best practices from leading practitioners at NORC
- Gain hands-on survey design and operations experience
- Combine social science and statistical methods with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation
- Apply and develop a wide range of technical skills (these vary from project to project)
- Build the teamwork and project management skills, with a focus on collaboration
NORC hires interns who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in social science research, conscientiousness, and a commitment to rigor. We aim to foster diversity, creativity, and flexibility across our teams while strengthening problem-solving abilities and collaboration.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. We regret that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Applications for the 2021 internship are currently closed. Please check back in November to learn more about upcoming internship opportunities.
For specific questions, please email email@example.com.