NORC's Colm O'Muircheartaigh
will be presenting an AAPOR Webinar, "Single and Multi-Mode Surveys Using Address-Based Sampling," on June 7.
The webinar will present an overview of address-based sampling (ABS) for survey design within its historical context. Emphasis will be given to the typical and specialized challenges encountered in ABS surveys in real-world situations.
The course will present the following themes:
• historical context with traditional listing and random-digit dial surveys;
• an introduction to address-databases including the United States Postal Service delivery sequence file (DSF) and its vendors;
• the importance of geographic information systems (GIS) and geocoding; the coverage properties of lists;
• costs and benefits of enhancing commercial databases;
• examples of ABS and the DSF in survey research including NORC studies such as Making Connections as well as the American Community Survey; and
• challenges of ABS including rural areas, invisible boundaries for local area samples, telephone matching, drop points, community samples, and targeted minority samples.To learn more, or register, visit the AAPOR site.