The California Health Insurance Awareness Study is sponsored by the California Health Benefit Exchange, and aims to gather attitudes and opinions about health insurance among Californians. The information will be used to improve consumer education, promote awareness of health insurance options and gain a better understanding of health insurance knowledge and needs in California. NORC at the University of Chicago is conducting this survey on behalf of the California Health Benefit Exchange.
- Types of health coverage people may have
- Where people get their health insurance coverage
- People’s recent history with insurance
- Knowledge about health insurance and where to get it in California
- Attitudes about health insurance
- Information about health insurance people have gotten from the media
- Any steps people have recently taken to get or renew insurance coverage
Although participation is voluntary, it is very important that many voices from California are included. People who are chosen to take the survey have been randomly selected and help to add different opinions about health insurance to the results.
How long will this take?
Completing the survey should take no more than 15 minutes.
Each participant has a choice to take part in the survey, and can decide not to answer one or more questions. All answers will remain confidential and are for research purposes only. The results of the study will be reported for large groups of people and will not contain names or other information that identifies participants.
To learn more about the California Health Insurance Awareness Study, please call us toll-free at 888-201-4849 or email us at